Sunday 9 October 2011

Palas de Rei

Only a few minutes to write so I´ll try and be brief. The sun continues to shine through the bucolic hills of Galicia. There was a beautiful fine mist this morning and it cleared to a crisp, cool morning of walking. I must say I will remember the ¨smell¨of walking in Galicia....cow and pig manure. Speaking of smells....I think I have taken on a unique odour myself that is not so pleasant either! Handwashing My clothing just doesn´t do the job.
I have noticed a huge increase in the number of people starting out in the morning. A steady stream of Peregrinos steadfastedly and purposfully following the yellow arrows. At least there is less liklihood of me getting lost. I have picked up some kind of tummy bug and have been unable to eat much over the last three days except tea and toast. This is nowhere near what I need to consume in order to walk as much as I do. It is hard going as I notice my energy dwindling. I´m going to try and eat something now and just pray that I do not spend the night twisting and turning with stomache cramps! I can´t believe the amount of physical challenges I have had with this journey. My body is strong, muscles etc, no aches or pains there, but all these other problems have been such a drag.
Only three more days of walking unless I decide to walk to Finisterra which is another 100k or so. Please keep sending me your encouraging emails....
Buenos Tardes!

3 comments:

  1. Tea and toast.. Mmmm good especially if you are eating all the middles!
    Much love!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MOM!!

    Happy Thanksgiving. Claire sar and Rob and I are stuffing our 20lb bird! we have a big group of friends coming over tonight including bimmz and trent.

    we miss you! love you! we're all thinking of you on the final leg. love

    ReplyDelete
  3. its my birthday! i love you my libra sister... can you walk a few steps for me today? love love love

    ReplyDelete