Tuesday 4 October 2011

Oh the shame...!!!!!

After I had a shower I took out my sleeping bag and laid it out on my bed. I decided to have a little rest for half and hour and then went out to sit at a cafe and write. I met some new people and we were chatting when I found a bunch of little itchy bumps on my shoulder. I got Gerry (from Ireland) to have a look and he said he thought it was what I dreaded it to be. Yes. I have bed bugs. Gerry and I came back to the albergue, my head hung in shame, admitting to my haeneous crime. The young man and woman who run the place gave me two big plastic bags and told me to pack up everything that can be washed and bring it down to the laundry. Everyone in the dorm was looking at me and I felt so embarassed. God Bless Gerry, who came with me and helped me. I have to have everything washed, even what I am wearing and it will cost me 5 euros per load! They can´t wash my pack but they can spray it with something. I feel like my whole body is covered in bites (it isn´t) and that there are bugs crawling all over me (there aren´t). Now I have to hang around here until some clothes are ready for me to wear.
I feel like crying.....but I´m not going to.
This too, shall pass.

2 comments: